fishies!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WHEN YOU JUMPED THROUGH MY CEILING YOU LET AN OWL IN.


Hargle Blargh.
I hate waiting for doctors.  I have been referred to an neurologist at the MS Clinic at UBC.  It’s been over a week since I’ve been referred and I have yet to get a call about getting an appointment!  I’ve been told the wait list is about 12-18 months.  Woot.  I’m so not excited to wait a million years to see a doctor, just so they can tell me that I either have a debilitating disease...or that they still don’t know what’s wrong with me!  In the mean time my GP has started me on medication so I can at least continue to work until I get that appointment.  So far I think the medication has been helping, but it makes me sleepy and I don’t ever feel like I’m hungry!  And when you don’t feel hungry, you forget to eat... Like today!  

I ate lunch around 2:00pm at work, I had about half a sandwich from a little deli/bakery (and it was a super yummy chicken caesar panini) but then I was full so I kept the other half.  And that was all I had eaten all day!  So when I got home and started organizing my new room... I started getting really dizzy and everything was spinning.  And when you feel like that the last thing you want to do is eat!  It really sucks that what fixes the spinning is food, but you feel like if you eat...it’s just going to come right back up!  So I sat on my bed and slowly drank a grape juice box and ate a whole bunch of soda crackers so I didn’t pass out.  I am apparently not quite used to the whole medication dealio!




Oh, and I have officially applied to a college program :O
Yeah.
Never thought that would happen.
I’m kiiind of excited and I’m just waiting to see if I’ve been accepted so I can register for the fall program.  It’ll be weird because I have never actually done a real college program.  All the other “post-secondary” type things I’ve done have been kind of a “do it in your spare time” kind of thing... So this’ll be interesting!  It’s kind of nice to be slowly figuring everything out, at least there are some answers in my future.
The boyfriend is almost done school and then he gets to join the real world... Just as I take myself out of it!  I get to start school basically right after he finishes his program.  There is some time in between there for a little bit of a vacation though, so I’m happy!
My new room is nice!  My sister started her new job and moved to Whistler, so I get her old room.  It’s painted and everything is moved in now, and I’m allllmost done organizing it all.  All my clothes are either on my clothing racks or on the shelves in my closet, my make-up is organized (I just have to clean my brushes!), and my food cupboard looks awesome!  And I finally have ARTWORK ON MY WALLS!  I’m so stoked on that because in my old room I had zero art and now I have art and plants and awesomeness :)






I'm sort of, slightly, just a little bit addicted to owls.  I absolutely love them, so when I found this awesome colourful owl painting at IKEA I really HAD to have it!  It was like $12.99 and It's actually a decent size.  And the Vancouver skyline painting was done by a friend of mine (Holly Johnson).








I













I also got a little bonsai tree (I've alwaaays wanted one, and I found this lil' guy at Home Depot for just a couple bucks!  Needs a little TLC, but they're so cute!)












Oh, and I got this awesome new sweater (at Value Village of course!), it's originally from Spain and I think it's awesome.  The top red part is made out of real leather, it has an awesome lining on the inside and it's super comfy... And it cost me a whole $5.99+tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment