fishies!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

THERE ARE COMMUNISTS IN THE FUNHOUSE.


Originality.


Why does everyyyone try to take it away from us!


It boggles my mind that a place like Starbucks (where all us hipsters hang out) won’t allow tattoos or “unnatural” hair colours...

I always thought Starbucks was a place for the creative and unique to hang out, but apparently they aren’t allowed to work there! Why do people have such a problem with someone who wants to dye their hair pink? Or blue? Or purple!? Someone else’s hair colour has no effect on your life so why do you people care so much? I mean really...does someone else’s appearance matter to you sooo much that you feel a strong urge to bring it to the attention of the higher-ups? So they enforce silly rules that completely stifle all uniqueness within the work place?





I’ve had some people comment on my tattoos at work. The only ones you can see when I’m wearing my scrubs are the two little hearts on my wrists. Most people comment and say that they don’t normally like tattoos but those are actually kind of cute! That always brightens my day because it’s at least kind of helping to change their perception of tattoos. And once they start talking to me they understand that I am actually educated and that I just like to express my creativity and uniqueness on my body rather than the walls of my bedroom (since no one really enters my room except the boy and the bestie!). On the other hand you get the rare person who hates tattoos and they are not willing to budge on their opinion of them. I had one man, he was an elderly east indian man who has been living in Canada for the past 40 years, he was not a fan of tattoos at all. He told me even those tattoos might have meaning to me and I might like them, that they label me as someone who “sleeps around”. How two little heart tattoos on my wrists label me that way I’m not quite sure, but it just goes to show that some people will never change! I get that he’s “from a different time” and a different country and all, but here in Canada we don’t label those with tattoos as whores, we just don’t! People from all walks of life have tattoos, so that old saying: “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” really does apply.


My friends and I are rather unique people if I do say so myself! We find ourselves intentionally avoiding things because they are “too mainstream” and we hate popular stuff. This is what we call HIPSTER. We all know it, and I’m proud to be a hipster! I want to dye my hair bright pink and show off my tattoos! I want to wear clothing that most others wouldn’t dare even try on! I wish more people would stop caring what others think. Who cares if someone stares at you for wearing combat boots with a leopard print maxi-dress? They’re just jealous cause they would never be able to pull off that outfit ;)


On another note:

I finally got a memory foam mattress topper for my bed (to help my back) and it’s soo comfy! I just put it on today and I’ve been sitting on it all evening. I can’t wait to sleep on it and see how my back feels in the morning!








I’ve also been waiting the TV guide channel for 35 minutes...I should probably pick something to watch now...





And it's weird that for once the title actually kind of goes with the post...though if you google it, it means something completelyyy different...it is all the Sea Otter's fault.

2 comments:

  1. Wooow being called a whore for having tattoos is just really superficial and just plain rude regardless of where your from. Individuals who didn't go with the main crowd have been celebrated as icons and even heros despite the fact that it would have been easier to just stick with the crowd (rosa parks, aberham Lincoln, Jesus Christ, among others) so who cares what people say, this also coming from a guy who owns a red man suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. iknoright lol I enjoy my uniqueness :)

    ReplyDelete