fishies!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

BY ALL MEANS, MOVE AT A GLACIAL PACE.


I was at Starbucks recently (big shocker there) and I saw this lady who was standing in line to order her drink. Now I looked at her and thought she was relatively well dressed and that she was wearing a really cute jacket...and then I looked down...

Why is it that some people just completely forget that shoes, are in fact, PART OF THE OUTFIT. I don’t get it! What goes through your mind when you put on a super cute outfit and then decide to pair it with a loooovely (sarcasm intended) pair of white running shoes. Like legit running shoes. Like I could go run a marathon running shoes...

I know that “life is a marathon” and that you need to be comfortable and what not...but is there something inherently wrong with a nice pair of leather boots? Or even some stylish sneakers? I’m not saying you have to wear heels everyday...or even flats! But why on earth would you think that your adorable outfit goes well with running shoes? The only thing that goes well with running shoes is a pair of track pants and a tank or t-shirt.


I also don’t get people who dress stylishly and then don’t accessorize. Is it really that difficult to throw on some earrings and a necklace? Statement jewelry rocks. Matchy matchy jewelry however is a terrible thing. I hate those necklace and earring sets. They bother me. A lot. I mean I buy those sets, but I would never wear all the pieces together...that just seems silly to me!


Nail polish is probably my favourite accessory. Yes. It is an accessory. Don’t question it.

I have a fairly large collection of nail polish now and it’s getting ridiculous...I don’t have anywhere to put it! I keep all my make-up and nail polish and brushes in a tool box I got from Home Depot. ‘Cause I’m thaaat cool. Eventually I’m going to put some mirrors up and moves all of it to my desk and keep it all neat and sorted, (but, anyone who knows me, knows that it will take me a very long time to actually do. And shortly after I complete that task...it will become one big mess again!).


The bestie is heading back to school sooon. She’s taking a hair cutting/styling course and I can’t wait for her to do my hair! I want to dye it pink! I’ve been blonde foreverrr. I was born blonde and have only strayed from it a couple of times... I went dark brown twice, and I went red once and purple once. Yes. Purple.


I wear scrubs to work and everyone knows I hate being all uniformed! I like being unique and original and I hate when people try to take that away from me. People shouldn’t wear uniforms and be all the same. It stifles creativity and makes work less enjoyable! Unhappy employees = lesser quality of work, which = unhappy bosses...so why are uniforms necessary?


I’m a little afraid to show up to work one day with pink hair...so I’ll probably start with a lighter baby pink and take it from there!


___________ Here is one of my most popular nail designs! __________



Gotta catch 'em all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment